Everyone has skill gaps
There are times when we all need to deepen our skills.
Leaders, employees, and supervisors all need training to address areas where they haven’t yet built the knowledge and behaviours they need to perform their best.
We offer training in two main ways. First, are single, one-day courses that we provide to organizations on topics critical to their development and growth.
These are listed below and we encourage you to think carefully about how they will help to accelerate the transformation of your organization.
Second, is our Business Transformation Training. We offer three streams of training, each of which include a series of 12 courses.
The training streams are Business Fundamentals, Advanced Business Practices, and Business Leadership.
You can learn more about each below.
One-Day Training Programs
If there’s one thing leaders at all levels have in common, it’s this: a refusal to settle for the status quo. This day-long leadership training event distills best practices into a simple, yet compelling process that helps leaders at all levels get immediate results.
Rhapsody Business Transformation Training
Rhapsody believes that there are times when all business people—employees, supervisors, and leaders—require training to address areas where they have simply not yet accumulated the knowledge and practices they require to perform at their highest levels.
Our training approach follows four key elements:
- Concept—We share the underlying concepts that are linked to the learning outcomes of the training course.
- Application—We provide the participant with the opportunity apply the concepts in tangible ways that are relevant to them and their work.
- Assessment—We assess the extent to which the participant has understood and applied the concepts.
- Adjustment—We work with the participant to help adjust their understanding or application of the concept for optimal results.
Pricing for training can range from $200 to $600 per hour depending on the program and the number of participants. Please contact us directly for a quote for your custom training needs.
You May Qualify for an 83% Grant
The Government of Canada in partnership with the Provinces has made generous Training Funding Available.
For example, in Ontario, the Canada-Ontario Jobs Grant can help employers recoup 83% of the costs of eligible training programs.
Job grants are available in all Canadian Provinces and Territories. You can find more information here.
The Rhapsody Business Transformation Training programs have all been approved when clients have applied for the funding.
Do You Qualify for Funding?
Business Fundamentals Training Program
The Business Fundamentals training program provides employees with the fundamental knowledge they require to perform effectively in a business environment. This includes training related to personal productivity, business systems, customer service, sales & marketing, and communications and organizational skills.
- Setting Goals and Getting Things Done—This training covers goal characteristics, time management, to-do-lists, and what to do when setbacks occur. Participants will learn how to set better goals and get more accomplished.
- Assertiveness & Self Confidence—Self-confidence and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in business and in life. This training will give participants an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence mean and how to develop those capabilities in their work life.
- Creative Problem Solving— This training provides key problem-solving tools that employees can use every day including brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources.
- Organizational Skills—To be successful means to be organized. This training will provide employees with the skills to improve productivity and increase in their professional growth.
- Interpersonal Skills—This training will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations.
- Stress Management—This training will help employees recognize that positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives and help them maximize the positive stress and minimize the negative stress.
- Workplace DiSC—This training helps participants understand and appreciate the styles of the people they work with. The result is more effective and productive working relationships.
- Marketing Basics—This training will teach employees to use marketing effectively to grab customers’ attention and convince them to make a purchase.
- Sales Basics—This training will help participants understand the language of sales, prepare for a sales opportunity, make an effective pitch, handle objections, and other related sales fundamentals
- Customer Service Fundamentals—This training will help employees understand what customer service means, recognize how attitude affects customer service, identify customers’ needs, deal with difficult customers, and other fundamentals of customer service.
- Process Workflow Chart—This training will help participants learn to map their day-to-day workload to create a more fluid workflow and increase efficiencies.
- Personal Productivity & Time Management—This training will show participants how to organize their lives more effectively and develop a skill set that includes personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management.
Advanced Business Practices Training Program
The Advanced Business Practices training program provides managers with the knowledge they require to perform effectively at a supervisory level in the organization. Topics include training in business strategy, leadership, advanced sales & marketing practices, managing others, and conflict management.
- Critical Success Factors—This training helps managers and supervisors learn how Critical Success Factors can help a company create a common point of reference to help them direct and measure the success of their business or project.
- SWOT Analysis—This training introduces participants to the SWOT Analysis which is a simple but useful framework for analyzing an organization’s strengths and weaknesses, and the opportunities and threats that they face.
- Being a Likable Manager—Becoming a more likeable manager can sometimes be a difficult process to describe. This training will help participants see how important it is to develop better managerial skills.
- Human Resource Management—This training will help participants learn how to handle Human Resources situations that leaders and managers face (or must protect their team from): interviewing, orientation, safety, harassment, discrimination, violence, discipline, and termination.
- Project Management—This training will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day in order to boost their business performance.
- Presentation & Communication Skills—This training program can benefit anyone who presents, such as managers, meeting facilitators, speakers, or workgroup discussion leaders. This training module will help you become more efficient and proficient with the skills of providing clear information to others.
- Productive Conflict—This training helps participants increase self-awareness around conflict and discover how to effectively respond to the uncomfortable and unavoidable challenges of workplace conflict.
- Advanced Marketing Practices—This training provides participants with the information required to develop an effective marketing plan for the organization and to ensure it maps to the overall business plan of the organization.
- Advanced Sales Practices—This training teaches participants to learn how to read the personality styles of their customers in order to connect more effectively and close more sales.
- Handling Difficult Customers—With the right skills, and knowledge, any difficult customer can be handled proficiently. This training provides participants with new perspectives and strategies for responding to negative customers, including cultivating positive attitudes, managing stress, listening, empathizing, and building rapport.
- Meeting Management—This training provides methodology and models that can help participants lead more effective and productive team meetings.
- Teamwork and Team Building—This training will encourage participants to explore the different aspects of a team, become top-notch team performers, and lead teams to reach their full potential.
Business Leadership Training Program
The Business Leadership training program is for employees at the leadership or executive level and provides them with advanced levels of training in key areas of organizational leadership. This includes training in business strategy, leadership, HR, business development, performance assessment, and organizational accountability.
- Work of Leaders—Using the framework of Vision, Alignment, and Execution, this training teaches leaders how to understand their own leadership styles and how they impact their effectiveness.
- Leadership Best Practices—This training focuses on the best practices of leadership and teaches participants how to enhance their own capabilities based on the best practices in business.
- Change Management—Change is a constant (technologies, processes, people, ideas, and methods) and having a smooth transition when it occurs, is important. This training teaches leaders how to implement changes more smoothly and with a greater likelihood of acceptance/success.
- Building High-Performance Teams—This training helps participants understand the importance of getting on-site teams or groups focused on the same goals and the core set of high-performance skills. The will learn how to address team challenges, conduct effective meetings, see “the big picture”, work collaboratively and adequately praise team members.
- Critical Thinking for Leaders—Participants will develop the skills to analyze and evaluate information so that they are able to obtain the greatest amount of knowledge from it. Provides the best chance of making the correct decision and minimizes damages if a mistake occurs.
- Advanced Public Speaking—This training will teach advanced public speaking skills, including in-depth information on developing an engaging talk and delivering a presentation with great impact.
- Hiring Strategies—This training will teach leaders how to save time and money by hiring the right candidates. They will also understand how to determine the right “fit”, apply tools to identify “diamonds in the rough”, create an efficient hiring strategy, conduct an effective interview, identify great candidates, and onboard new employees.
- Marketing Strategy Development—This training teaches participants how to shift the behaviours of their target markets by reverse-engineering the beliefs that their market has of their product, service, or business.
- Building Trust—People talk about “building trust” as one of the most important elements of growing their business. This training will help participants understand how to develop trust in tangible and effective ways.
- Creating as Accountability Chart—This training will help participants understand how to develop an effective Accountability Chart to improve the performance of the organization.
- Performance Management—In this training, participants will learn the ins and outs of a Performance Management system and how to measure its success via assessments and performance reviews. This will in turn allow them to see where modifications need to take place.
- KPIs—This training will enable leaders to measure progress toward their goals more effectively by helping them identify and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
A Note About Our Training Services
Rhapsody Strategies has a mature training practice that runs separately from our consulting services. The training that we provide is designed to support specific learning outcomes that are unique to each training program.
In the course of accomplishing the learning outcomes, we provide a range of educational materials including worksheets, white papers, presentations and other related documentation. The learning path that we use in our training follows a progressive sequence so that each learning builds on the next.
We commonly make use of case studies and real-life scenarios with our clients in order to help them understand how apply the core learning outcomes. The approach we use is fundamentally the same whether provided in a group on one-to-one.
Rhapsody’s consulting services are designed to serve leaders and organizations that are seeking specific operational support. This could include instances when our team members are actively delivering business services on behalf of our clients. For us, creating a strategic plan, writing a business plan, or implementing a marketing plan for the client, would constitute examples of consulting services.
For clarity, Rhapsody Strategies does not provide any business consulting services to trainees. Instead, our focus is on providing clients with skills, concepts, and knowledge to deliver business services themselves. For instance, to continue one of our examples above, we would not be “creating a strategic plan”, we would be training clients to develop the skills to create and implement the plan themselves.