Taking action. It’s what sets winners apart from dreamers. Anyone can come up with a great idea; successful people take action. As the old saying goes…
Knowledge + Action = Power
Without action, all the knowledge in the world won’t get you the traction you long for. On the other hand, charging ahead without the right information and preparation can lead to a shipwreck.
Business Coaching and Taking Action
That’s why I love business coaching. There’s nothing quite as fulfilling as watching the penny drop for my clients as we explore the issues at hand. Gaining clarity on the way forward and taking action to move the ball down the field leads to amazing results.
Consider all of the great ideas and opportunities in front of you right now. Think about the concepts you could or should act on. Taking action in one of those areas today will accelerate your results. And strengthening your resolve to keep taking those steps will guarantee your long-term success.
Taking Action: 16 Questions to Accelerate Your Results
The following “taking action” questions can help you get unstuck and take immediate action. Set aside 30-45 minutes to reflect on them. Have a notebook or journal nearby to record your thoughts. Revisit these questions any time you need help taking action, problem-solving, or making an important decision.
- When you think of (insert topic), what excites you the most?
- What is your goal in this area? Now double it. What version of the goal intimidates you the most?
- What’s holding you back? What are you afraid of?
- What support do you need to move ahead?
- What step could you take right now that would have the greatest impact on achieving your goal (or helping with your decision)?
- What would achieving this accomplish for you? How would that make you feel?
- What does your head say? What does your heart say? What does your gut say? How can you reconcile the three?
- Dig even deeper. What do you really want?
- What are you waiting for?
- Based on your answers above, what are you willing to take ACTION on in the next week? What’s your next step?
- Who can you help you identify your next step?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited do you feel about taking this step?
- What would increase that score (e.g. handle fear, clearer steps, more support, more fun)?
- Who should you be hanging out with so that achieving this goal becomes natural (i.e. who’s already doing it)?
- What will happen (what is the cost) if you do NOT do anything about this? What can you learn from this?
- If you were your own coach, what advice would you give yourself right now?
What are you waiting for? Remember: taking action today is the key to success!