At the Heart of Counselling is this:
All Change Comes From Within
There are a few things you need to know that we believe about you, right now:
- You are resilient. There is an deep strength within each of us. It sustains us during our most difficult times. The more we learn about that resilience, we’re able to draw on it with great confidence. The more we understand, the stronger we become.
- You can control your own mind. More often than not, our minds control us: not the other way around. As we take control of our own minds and become aware of how our thoughts are shaping our feelings and our reality, we’re able to not only control our minds, but take control of our lives.
- Balancing the mind and the heart is important. When we’re able to bring balance to what we think and what we feel, we come to understand with much greater clarity what’s happening in our lives and what we actually want out of our lives. Too far one way or the other leaves us out of balance.
- Good days have common features. Good days aren’t good by accident. There are powerful signals that help us understand how to create good days instead of just stumbling into them from time to time. When we feel connected, competent, and capable, all kinds of great things start happening.
You Can’t Separate Work and Home
Every piece of your life is connected to everything else.
If you’re struggling through a relationship that’s collapsing, facing difficult times with a child, caring for dying family members or friends, battling substance abuse, or any of a thousand other things, there’s no doubt that it will affect your work. It will. We see it every day.
And the reverse is true as well. Struggles at work come home with us. Whether you’re a business owners struggling with cash flow or HR issues, an executive frustrated by a team that doesn’t seem to care, an employee who feels like you’re the only one who cares, the stresses and pain we experience at the office follow us as we commute home and walk through the front door.
If you know it’s time to have a new conversation — one that will help put you back in touch with your true self and put you back in control of your life — just fill out the form and I’ll get back to you right away.
Why Counselling at Rhapsody?
“If you are withdrawing, pleasing, controlling or exploding, I guarantee that your sabotaging beliefs and masks are running your life. Being aware of them is easy…shifting them is what I do!”
~ Cathy Lumsden
Is It Worth It?
At some point in our lives we all stop to ask, “does my life have meaning or is it fulfilling?”
Sometimes we are forced to stop and reflect because we’ve lost someone or something, we feel empty, lonely or unfulfilled. When we’re feeling vulnerable, we may use coping behaviors that are temporarily helpful and then the anxiety, stress or confusion returns.
A Unique Approach to Counselling
Counselling isn’t just for people with mental health issues or dysfunction.
When we talk about counselling, we look it at as goal-oriented and future-oriented. It’s a way to support you as you start to create the life you deepest desire instead of the one you have. It’s an opportunity to look at your entire life and ask, “What do I really want?”
It’s in these moments that we truly take ownership for our lives.
It’s Not As Scary As You Think
It’s not uncommon for people to look at therapy as something too scary to delve in to.
It’s true that some people start counselling because they’re experiencing a crisis in their life and realize that getting some outside perspective will make a difference. But some people start because they know they’re meant for more and that focused, experienced insight, coupled with new tools and methods that they simply don’t have will make a world of difference.
We believe that it takes a measure of courage. Anyone even thinking about counselling is already showing the level of strength and self awareness that can lead to meaningful change. And we’re with you every step of the way.
Do I Need Counselling?
Counselling provides a safe place to explore what’s working in your life and what’s not. Psychology is the science — based on research — that provides effective strategies to sort through change, relational situations, work challenges, family issues, our feelings of worry and helplessness. You might want to consider Counselling if any of the following ring true for you:
- I’m experiencing high levels of stress and struggling to sleep and focus.
- I’m experiencing a high level of conflict with my co-workers, and seem unable to resolve it.
- I am having trouble balancing my home and work life.
- I feel overwhelmed with the expectations of my position.
- I’m going through major changes in my life — divorce, separation, parenting, etc.
- My team is not responding to my attempts to motivate them.
- I’m burning out and I don’t know what to do.
- I feel helpless and hopeless.
Cathy’s a gifted Therapist. She will help you get clear on exactly what you’re facing and give you the tools, skills, information and support you need to help you solve the most important problems facing you today.
Cathy has spent years working with individuals wrestling with anxiety, depression and stress. Her gentle, compassionate approach creates a safe context for transformation while she works with you to make, tangible, meaningful, change in your life.
She leads sessions on everything from conflict resolution to stress management.
When we understand what’s happening in our own brains, we can start to take action to transform our lives. Cathy has effectively blended the science of the brain with the psychology of the mind to enable immediate and long-term benefits.
As we deepen our understanding of brainwaves, we can start to use our knowledge of this leading-edge therapy to reduce stress and rejuvenate ourselves. It helps us understand what’s really going on behind the scenes, in our brains, minds and bodies.
Cathy works with a wide range of groups across Canada and the United States and is recognized as a skilled, thoughtful and fun facilitator.
Her workshops include programs and seminars on emotional intelligence, communication, team effectiveness, job satisfaction, stress management, employee engagement, conflict resolution and more.
If you’re interested in finding out more about these workshops or speaking directly with Cathy to create a custom session, you can reach out to her here.
“A healing crisis occurs at the point where we have outgrown an old pattern or way of being, but are still unconsciously holding onto that old way because it feels safe and familiar.”
~ Shakti Gawain
Cathy Lumsden is a registered psychotherapist, author, and international speaker.
Over her 30 years of experience, she has touched thousands of lives and helped people undergo the transformation they were looking for in their lives.
In her coaching and counselling she provides effective tools, skills, knowledge and encouragement to help her clients find solutions to real-life issues whether it’s in the workplace or in their personal lives.
In her corporate training programs, Cathy focuses on improving employee engagement and satisfaction which increases productivity and decreases staff attrition rates.
Cathy’s the author of two books and has launched an app, My True Self.
Cathy was the host of a successful TV show called “The Best Advice”, focusing on topics such as achieving your dream job, money and you, different generations in the workforce, anxiety, depression, bullying, and domestic violence.
With her warm empathetic personality, coupled with her wisdom and results focused orientation, Cathy guides clients to reach their full potential in all areas of life.
“As long as you have not reexamined your belief systems, and discarded the portions you never actually choose as an adult, you will never fully grow up.”
~ Barbara DeAngelis